Saturday, October 19, 2019

Restorative Justice is..Howard Zehr.wmv



Hi everyone,

I am currently in my 3rd graduate class of 4 to obtain a Graduate Certificate in Restorative Practices.  I shared some of this at the 5th grade family circle we had in August before school started.  This is a short video that explains the 3 principles of Restorative Justice (Practices).  A statement that struck me while I watched it was, "When relationships are harmed, it creates needs."   The harm then needs to be repaired and those harmed have needs that need to be met.  What Restorative Practices really allows us to do is to pay attention to those harmed, which rarely occurs in the traditional punishment practice. 



I will continue to share aspects of Restorative Practices as we go through the year.  If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.






No comments:

Post a Comment