Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Expectations are up on the walls!

Hi Everyone,
Our 5th grade class expectations and the steps of what to do if one is not following the expectations are up on the wall.  Tomorrow I will start the steps if students are off task, etc.
I always try to give a non-verbal reminder! However, if I just finished giving directions and made sure that everyone heard them, then I will not give a non-verbal.
Step 1 - Redirection back to the activity
Step 2 - Move seat or place in line
Step 3 - Movement break or buddy room (our buddy room is the science room across the hall)
If a child reaches step 3, then a Minor Referral is written and communicated to home.  4 minors in one week becomes a Major Referral.
Step 4 - Planning room to reset.  Major Referral is written and communicated to home.
The starts new about every hour or transition from one class to the next.

Next week is Open House and I will have this all written out so you can take it home.  I will also include the strategies that we use to help students self-regulate their emotions and attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment