Monday, October 1, 2018

Triple A

Homework: Due Friday
Poem-Read every night, silently and aloud to an adult. Multiple choice and short answer.
Math- 5 Daily problems
Divide work as schedules allow.  Read with any extra time you have.

Last week we started a closing circle.  It's not as intense as our weekly Tuesday circles but is showing to be as effective.  It's called Triple A. Right before dismissal, when we are all packed up and ready to go home we spend about 5 minutes sharing appreciations, aha's, and apologies.  We do not use a talking piece but throw a ball to the person who wants to share.  It's a great way to wrap up the day and end on a positive note.
From today: I appreciate being in this class, I appreciate how we worked together to play football, I appreciate how my partner in Social Studies helped me when I didn't understand how to answer the question.
Pretty powerful!  6th week of school is this week.  It takes about 6-8 weeks to set up routines so they happen consistently.

No comments:

Post a Comment