Thursday, June 14, 2018

What An Adventure!!!!

**** I wrote this the day of the hike and have had trouble uploading pictures.  I am keeping the post as I wrote it.

Today was a great day!  Beautiful weather, outstanding views, and smiling faces.  We started up the trail at around 9:45 am. It is a great hike for kids with lots of rocks for steps.  There is a section that is right on a ledge and that freaked me out a bit!  I am afraid of heights.  One of the students asked me why I chose hiking if I was afraid and I explained that you should try to face your fears and get yourself out of your comfort zone.  I told them that I tried to push them out of their comfort zones to help them become stronger students.


We all met at the pond for a snack and rest and then made our way up to the chairlifts at the top of Sterling Mountain.  We had lunch at a lean-to camp.  When we found out that we had quite some time left, we decided to continue our hike around the pond. The trail is called Elephant Head. It was quite a hike!  All in all, we had a great day.











No comments:

Post a Comment