Thursday, August 31, 2017

2nd Day

        Today I had the 4th grade for the first time.  I love working in a small school because it allows me to know all of the students by the time they are in my class.  What a wonderful group!   We played kickball again today and it went much better than yesterday.  Yesterday, many of the students were nervous about playing and today everyone was excited to play.  We will play again tomorrow if the weather is nice.
        Yesterday and today the students had a chance to choose one or two books that they will be able to keep.  This is the book (if it's at their reading level) that your child should be reading tonight and into next week.  We will learn how to choose books from our classroom library next week.  If you think the book is too hard for your child, send me an email and I will match him or her with a better book tomorrow or next Tuesday.
         Next Tuesday, we will start assigning homework.  Our homework is the same every night, Monday through Thursday.  They will have a Grammar Minute, math practice, and reading from the self-selected books they choose.  Students will receive a homework sheet every Monday for the week.  We will continue to slowly learn how to work in our classroom.  I will not ask students to do something until I am sure they are able to do it.
Here are some pictures of the 5th grade doing the name game so Miss MaryAnne and Ms. Maynard could learn their names today.
Introducing themselves....

Ask your son or daughter who
Jackie O. is!



No comments:

Post a Comment