Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Poetry Contest

Homework:
4th and 5th Grammar Minute 17 and read for 20-30 minutes!  Some kids are not making adequate progress with their books and that tells me some students are not reading for the full time enough nights out of the week.  Those students risk having to complete a nightly reading log.
5th Math: Problems 4 and 5 using your glossary
4th Math: page 2

PBiS Family Letter: This letter was sent home on the last day of school and emailed home over the summer.  It's worth another read as we get more comfortable with our school year and develop our daily routines that become the structure of our classroom.  Plus, you have a ton to read at the beginning and may have missed it.
PBiS Explanation

Poetry Contest
Here is a picture of the Poetry Contest Guidelines:   I wrote one as a model for the students to show them it doesn't need to be that long or serious!  Lots of them are having fun with this!


What my family means to me
Sometimes I wish they would let me be
I love them dearly day in and day out
Even when they want to make me shout

We laugh, we cry
And many times all we can do is sigh
A big crazy clan we are indeed
Each other is all we really need

I don’t know what I would do without them all
I hope I never have to or I’ll just bawl
Anyway…………..
What my family means to me?

Sometimes I wish they would let me be

No comments:

Post a Comment